We are not perfect, but we will be perfectly transparent as we tackle the various humanitarian and environmental issues that plague the fashion industry.
Rampant subcontracting and a pervasive “ignorance is bliss” mentality have created incredibly opaque supply chains in the global fashion industry. When journalists report factory collapses, worker abuse, child labor, etc., it is not only news to the public – it is news to the brands responsible.
How do brands know if their working conditions are safe if they don’t know which factories to assess? How do they know if workers are compensated fairly if they don’t know who their workers are?
We Know Our Supply Chain
We believe that a responsible supply chain begins with knowing your supply chain. Our supply chain policies and practices:
- We restrict subcontracting and audit all partner factories.
- We have direct relationships with all of our partner factories (i.e. we do not use agents to source for us).
- All partner factories are WRAP or SA 8000 certified (indicating ethical production).
- We pay fair prices for products and do not impose unreasonable deadlines.
In the pursuit of maximizing profits, brands put intense pressure on factories overseas to make clothes cheaper and more quickly.
Factories, often desperate for western brands’ business, are forced to cut corners to satisfy brands’ unrealistic demands.
Our Workers' Wages
Fox & Robin is the first and only activewear brand to disclose our factory workers’ wages and one of only three fashion brands globally to do so.
Only 2% of factory workers earn a living wage in the global fashion industry. At Fox & Robin, over 25% of our factory workers earn a living wage (~13x industry norm). We are actively working towards 100%.
Things we do to minimize our footprint:
- We have 100% plastic-free packaging with algae ink instead of petroleum-based inks.
- We purchase carbon offsets for shipments, meaning shipments to customers are carbon neutral.
- We donate 1% of sales to environmental nonprofits hand selected by Forrest Galante, a world-renowned conservationist. See example here.
- We create timeless, high-quality products made to last.